Elizabeth Davis, LCSW, CALA has been Bright Side Manor’s Executive Director for more than 20 years. In her blog, Elizabeth details the benefits and advantages of an affordable assisted living facility in the heart of Teaneck, N.J.
Bright Side Manor, with a diverse set of residents, has one sole mission – to ensure that older adults have access to a high quality assisted living residence, regardless of their financial situation. In addition to housing, Bright Side Manor provides an array of services that promotes each resident’s individuality, dignity, privacy, choice, and independence.
The services Bright Side Manor provides for its residents include:
• Assistance with personal care, including bathing, dressing, and grooming
• Nursing care and supervision, with RN on duty or on call at all times
• Administration of medications
• Three nutritious meals, as well as snacks
• Daily recreational programming
• Laundry and housekeeping
• Assistance with accessing transportation
• Coordination of health care (residents may retain their own physician, use providers who visit Bright Side Manor, or will be assisted in locating appropriate health providers in the Teaneck area)
Some of the things that make Bright Side Manor unique are:
• A dedicated, caring staff, with low turnover rate
• A clean, comfortable, home-like environment
• Rates that are all-inclusive; no additional fees for medication administration or varying levels of care
• No restriction on the number of Medicaid residents (through the Assisted Living Medicaid Waiver program)
• No requirement that residents pay privately for a period of time before they are eligible to move in through the Assisted Living Medicaid Waiver program
• Private pay rates on a sliding scale basis, depending on income, assets, and room selection
Bright Side Manor has a rich history in Teaneck, dating back to the early 1900’s. We are a nonsectarian facility, but have ties to a number of local faith-based institutions that offer services to our residents both on and off-site. Residents need to be ambulatory (canes and walkers are fine, but we’re not big enough to accommodate wheelchairs and scooters), and Bright Side doesn’t have a locked dementia unit.
Please call 201-691-1000 for additional information or to arrange a tour for an affordable assisted living facility in Teaneck. Please also visit our website at:
Bright Side Manor is truly unique in Bergen County. We are committed to serving older adults of ALL income levels.
Benjamin D. Eckman, Esq. concentrates his practice on Elder Law & Estate Planning. Elder law is intended to broadly assist “extended living”. An elder law practitioner provides the legal information necessary for persons whose lives will extend or have already extended beyond the time when all children are usually out of the house and when regular employment ceases. After the elder law attorney and client complete their work, legal documents have been drafted, tax considerations have been analyzed, and a plan to protect the elder’s estate has been implemented.
Benjamin D. Eckman’s practice focuses on Estate Planning & Elder Law – legal issues facing senior citizens. Benjamin D. Eckman received his Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Accounting from Touro College and his law degree from Seton Hall University School of Law. He is a member of the New York State Bar Association, the New Jersey State Bar Association, the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, the Elder Law Section and Real Property, Probate and Trust Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association, the Union County Bar Association, Passaic County Bar Association and the Bergen County Bar Association. He can be reached at (973) 709-0909, (908) 224-4357 or (201) 263-9161.